I offer online relationship counselling and relationship coaching for individuals over the Internet via Skype for people residing in Australia. If you live in Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Brisbane, Hobart, Canberra or country areas of NSW, VIC, QLD, WA, NT, ACT or TAS, you can access my online relationship coaching and counselling services.
I presently only offer online Skype counselling and coaching to residents of Australia for legal and ethical reasons.
Online therapy, counselling or coaching can still be an effective way of working on your relationship issues, even if you live in an isolated area and cannot easily access counselling services.
how online counselling and coaching works
Online relationship counselling or coaching works a little differently from meeting face-to-face in my office. You can choose to use Skype voice or Skype video calling. The choice is yours.
Here’s what you need to do to set up an online counselling session:
- Book a Skype online counselling appointment and prepay for the session with PayPal
- Fill out this secure online questionnaire
- Read my informed consent and social media policy
- Make sure you have downloaded the latest version of Skype for your computer and set up an account.
- Add me to your Skype. My Skype username is clintonpowercounselling
- I will contact you to confirm your appointment once I have received your questionnaire and give you details about the first appointment
- Make sure you are in a quiet room with no distractions and a pen and paper to take notes during our counselling session.
- At the conclusion of our first counselling session we will discuss your future needs in terms of online counselling or possible referrals that may be needed.
- If, for any reason, you miss your scheduled Skype consultation, my full-fee cancellation policy will apply.
what’s the difference between counselling and coaching?
Counselling and coaching are different in a couple of ways. While counselling may help you discover links between your present behaviour and your past experiences, coaching tends to focus on the present and look towards the future. Coaching is more goal oriented whereby we look at what needs to change in the present to assist you in moving towards your goals and vision for the future.
I use a combination of counselling and coaching in our Skype online sessions to help you resolve your past relationship issues and move towards your relationship goals.
how’s it different from being in the counselling room?
I use a coaching and counselling approach in my work with singles and individuals online. The nature of online work means that there is a certain amount of information not available to me that I would normally experience in my counselling room. For this reason, I do take a more coaching approach at times in our work together. This means I may be more directive, ask you to complete homework and report back as well as make sure we are being very thorough in our communication.
This doesn’t mean that online relationship coaching is any less effective, it just means that we are working under different circumstances. My experience in working with clients online is that we can still create a dynamic synergy that comes from our interaction and help you move through your relationship blocks.
I may also encourage you to have a pen and paper so you can grab notes about anything important that comes up as we discuss your issue.
how secure is the online questionnaire?
why does online counselling cost less than face-to-face counselling
If you’ve noticed that online counselling is slightly cheaper than face-to-face counselling, this is because I have less overheads when we meet online.
how secure is Skype online counselling?
Skype online counselling is very secure. Skype video and chat uses encryption technology, which is the highest form of Internet security commonly available today. Essentially, if someone was able to intercept a message, they would not be able to decipher it because it is sent in a complex code.
what skills do I need to be able to do Skype online counselling?
As long as you can download Skype to your computer, open an account and understand how to make and receive calls, you will be able to participate in online counselling. You need only have a very basic knowledge of computing to be able to engage in the session.
what types of issues do you work with online?
I work with many different relationship issues online, but some of the most common ones include:
- dealing with the grief and loss of a losing a partner and relationship
- feeling despair from being single for long periods of time
- managing the fear of conflict in a marriage
- feeling frustrated with ineffective communication in a relationship or marriage
- feeling depressed about dating and not knowing how to meet new people
- feeling scared to leave a long-term relationship that no longer works
- managing anxiety that arises from intimacy and closeness with another
- overcoming fears and insecurities about sexual performance and sexual intimacy
how will I know if Skype online counselling is right for me?
- current domestic violence- emotional, physical or sexual
- serious mood swings from big highs to terrible lows that leave you feeling unstable and emotionally fragile
- any impulse to harm yourself or anybody else
- you have a heavy dependence on drugs and/or alcohol
- sustained low mood over a period of months where you constantly sleep or can’t get enough sleep
do you work with couples online?
Due to the practicalities and logistics of Skype online counselling, I do not currently offer couples counselling online and only work with individuals and singles with relationship issues.
what happens if we have technical problems with our online counselling call?
It’s true, Skype is not 100% reliable and very occasionally our session may be disrupted by a technical problem. If this happens and we are unable to restore our connection, I will ask you to call me on 0412 241 410 or 02 8006 1149 to continue our session. I will make up any time we may lose in a session due to technical problems.
what hardware do I need to have to participate in online counselling?
It’s your choice whether we do a video call or just an audio call. If you want to do a video call and don’t have a built-in camera in your computer, you will need to purchase a small camera. Also, it will help the call quality if you have an audio headset, however, this is not necessary as most computers now have excellent quality microphones built into them.
Make sure you have all the software and hardware before we have our call. I also recommend that you test drive Skype with a friend or family member if you haven’t used it before, to familiarise yourself with the system and to make sure our call goes as smoothly as possible.
how do I pay for online counselling sessions?
When you make your online booking, you will have the choice to pre-pay for the session via PayPal. PayPal is the Internet’s most trusted and used payment system available today. You don’t need an account and you can pay with your credit card.
All online counselling sessions must be pre-paid and will not be confirmed until payment is received.
are you ready to create a great relationship with online relationship counselling?
If so, click on the schedule your appointment below and pre-pay your 30 or 50 minute Skype session. Then fill out the secure online questionnaire.