Are you a therapist who is new to the field and looking for a clinical supervisor to help you develop your counselling skills?
Or are you a more experienced therapist who is looking for new and creative clinical ideas to advance your therapeutic approach with your clients?
Choosing a supervisor who has extensive experience and knowledge can help you become a more confident and skilful therapist.
I am a PACFA Clinical Registered psychotherapist and counsellor and have been working with individuals and couples since 2003.
I have comprehensive experience in working with many clinical issues and presentations.
Some of my specialisations include working with:
- couple conflict and unresolved disputes
- singles who have difficulty starting or maintaining a relationship
- the impact of infidelity and affairs on couples
- individual and couple sexual issues such as mis-matched desire, sexless relationships, or out of control sexual behaviour
- LGBTQI issues including, sexual identity, sexual orientation, and same-sex relationships
- diverse relationship dynamics such as non-monogamy, open relationships, polyamory, and working with couples in the kink community
My philosophy and approach to clinical supervision includes the following:
- Collaborative: I work with you to meet your supervisory needs with a collegial spirit that helps you be the best counsellor you can be.
- Strength-based: I help you discover your strengths as a therapist and build on your current clinical skills.
- Growth focus: I help you identify the growth areas in your clinical work so you can strengthen these skills and develop your confidence.
- Relational focus: I use a relational approach in my supervision work with you and am open to feedback and adjusting my approach with you to ensure you reach your clinical goals.
The benefits of clinical supervision
There are many benefits to regular supervision including:
- increasing your clinical knowledge
- learning new counselling skills
- developing a greater confidence in your therapeutic interventions
- increasing your case load by taking on more challenging clients
- growing your private practice and reputation as a skilled practitioner
How I provide clinical supervision:
I believe it’s essential that for great outcomes in clinical supervision, the supervisory relationship needs to be strong and robust and at the centre of the clinical relationship.
For this reason, I like to make sure we are a good fit for working together and regularly track your progress through feedback processes.
The process of working with me involves these steps:
- We have an initial phone discussion so I can understand your clinical supervision needs and make sure I am the appropriate supervisor for you.
- We organise the first supervision session to begin discussing your cases. In this first session we also discuss our agreement for working together and your supervisory goals and desired outcomes.
- We confirm the frequency of your supervision requirements.
- We track your progress on a regular basis to ensure your clinical supervision needs are being met and adjust our course as needed.
I provide supervision on either a weekly, fortnightly, or monthly basis to Australian therapists.
I am available for in-person meetings at my Sydney CBD or Newtown offices. I also offer online supervision for therapists who cannot get to my Sydney offices.
If you want to inquire about working together, please fill in the contact form below: