Clinton Power Relationship Counselling
Northern Rivers Location
3-7 Grandview St
East Ballina NSW 2478
(02) 8968 9323
Clinton Power is a psychotherapist who provides all relationship counselling and therapy services for clients in the Byron Bay and Northern Rivers area of NSW online via Zoom videoconference.
Counselling in Byron Bay and surrounding areas
Clinton Power provides individual and couple counselling and psychotherapy services to residents of Byron Bay and surrounding areas of the Northern Rivers.
Clinton provides a range of therapy services specifically to help you with your individual or couple relationship issues. His goal is to help you create healthy relationships so you can live a happier and more fulfilling life.
Clinton lives in the northern rivers but works online with individuals and couples via Zoom. Online therapy has been shown to be as effective as in-person sessions. In many cases, therapeutic outcomes can be increased because some clients feel much more relaxed doing sessions within the comfort of their own home.
Due to the convenience his clients' experience when working with him online, Clinton has chosen to work 100% online via Zoom.
Which areas do your Byron Bay and Northern Rivers office service?
Clinton provides individual and relationship counselling services to residents in the areas of Byron Bay and Ballina shires, which include:
Alstonville, Ballina, Bangalow, Bogangar, Brunswick Heads, Byron Bay, Casino, Drake, Evans Head, Glencoe, Grafton, Iluka, Kingscliff, Kyogle, Lennox Head, Lismore, Maclean, Mullumbimby, Murwillumbah, New Brighton, Nimbin, Nymboida, Ocean Shores, Pottsville, Suffolk Park, Tweed Heads, Whiporie, Wollongbar, and Yamba.
What are the most common relationship issues Clinton works with?
Clinton offers therapy for a wide range of individual and relationship issues, including:
- issues with finding and establishing a long-term relationship
- patterns of unresolved fighting and arguing
- relationship betrayal and affairs
- worry about loneliness and isolation
- addiction issues causing relationship problems
- parenting challenges with managing children or adolescents
- difficulty in overcoming the hurt from previous relationships
- mental health symptoms such as depression in one or both partners
- challenges with intimacy and sexual issues
- how to deal with divorce and separation issues
- health issues causing stress and impacting your psychology
- acceptance and support for life transitions
- feelings of low self-esteem and doubting your place in the world
- families suffering from unresolved family conflict
- post-traumatic stress disorder impacting your life
- sexuality, sexual identity, and same-sex relationship issues
Clinton has extensive experience and training in working with a wide range of relationship issues.
What approaches does Clinton use in his work?
Clinton uses a range of non-judgemental talk therapy treatment approaches and modalities in his work with individuals and couples, including:
- relational therapies focused on personal development
- couple education and communication skills
- meditation and mindfulness therapies
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Gottman couple therapy
- Psychobiological Approach to Couple Therapy (PACT)
What are the benefits of psychotherapy with Clinton?
- developing your self-awareness, so you make better life choices
- heal from past hurts, betrayals, or infidelity
- resolve grief and loss
- support your own voice to express your wants and needs
- healing past trauma trapped in your body
- managing stress and lowering anxiety
- improving self-esteem and wellbeing
- reducing anxiety and calming your nervous system
- personal development that leads to positive changes in your life
What qualifications and training does Clinton have?
Clinton has extensive experience and training in counselling and psychotherapy. He has a post-graduate degree in counselling and psychotherapy and an advanced diploma in Gestalt Therapy, which is the basis of his holistic approach.
Clinton has specialised in working with relationship issues since 2003 and has comprehensive training in PACT - the Psychobiological Approach to Couple Therapy, the Developmental Model of Couples Therapy, the Gottman Method of Couples Therapy, and couples work using Gestalt Therapy.
Clinton is registered with the peak industry organisation PACFA – The Psychotherapists and Counsellors Federation of Australia and follows their ethical guidelines in his work, as well as GANZ - Gestalt Australia New Zealand - the Australian association for Gestalt Therapists.
What happens in the first therapy appointment?
In your initial assessment session, Clinton will ask you about your current situation, issues, or difficulty that you're wanting to resolve. This first session is also an opportunity for you to get a feel for Clinton's approach and make sure you are a good fit for working together.
At the end of the first session, Clinton will share his assessment and feedback and make recommendations for therapeutic work moving forward.
Together you will decide with Clinton the best approach in terms of frequency of sessions and the goals for your work together.
How many sessions will I need?
The number of therapy sessions is unique for each person. It depends on the issue, how long it has been ongoing, what kind of change you want, and your motivation and commitment to making changes.
On average, clients tend to work with Clinton anywhere between 3-12 months. Some clients working on long-standing issues will work with Clinton for significantly longer because they see the value in doing long-term therapy work.
Occasionally some clients only require a small number of sessions because they want to resolve a very specific issue that doesn't require many sessions.
In our experience, the best results from counselling and therapy are achieved when appointments are scheduled and attended on a regular basis.
Please note that Clinton is unable to provide Medicare rebates as he is not a psychologist. For rebated psychology sessions, please see your GP for a Mental Health Care Plan to be referred to a psychologist.
How do I get started?
If you’re ready to book an appointment, you can easily book online.
Where is your northern rivers office located?
Clinton provides all counselling sessions online via Zoom, so there's no need to leave the comfort of your home for your counselling session.
What hours do you see clients in the Northern Rivers?
Clinton offers appointments in our East Ballina office during the following times:
Monday - Thursday 12:00PM - 6:30PM
Other appointments may be available upon request.
Clinton offers a few after-hours appointments. There is no additional fee for after-hours appointments, but they are our most in-demand appointments and there is often a waitlist for those times.
Where is your location on a map?
Are you based in Byron Bay or the Northern Rivers and want to book a counselling appointment?
Call (02) 8968 9323 or BOOK ONLINE.
We can provide you with further information about how we work and Clinton's current availability.
Clinton Power - Relationship Therapist
3-7 Grandview St
East Ballina, NSW, 2478
(02) 8968 9323