Don’t you just love an inspirational quote when it deeply speaks to you and your situation?
And those little gems of wisdom that can help get you back on track with your well-being.
After providing relationship counselling for more than 20 years, I think I’ve come across every relationship quote that’s ever been said.
So, I’ve compiled a list of what I think are the best relationship quotes in this post, so you can get a whole lot of inspiration in one place.
The 34 Best Inspirational Relationship Quotes
1. When you stop expecting people to be perfect, you can like them for who they are ~ Donald Miller
2. A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.
3. Cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it.
4. Never love anybody that treats you like you’re ordinary. ~ Oscar Wilde
5. One day they’ll realize they lost a diamond while playing with worthless stones ~Turcois Ominek
6. We cannot be more sensitive to pleasure without being more sensitive to pain ~Alan Watts
7. He who cannot forgive breaks the bridge over which he himself must pass.
8. Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses ~Ann Landers
9. Love is when the other person’s happiness is more important than your own ~H. Jackson Brown, Jr
10. Love is a game that two can play and both win. ~ Eva Gabor
11. Choose your relationships wisely. It’s better to be alone than to be in bad company.
12. The most beautiful thing is to see a person you love smiling. And even more beautiful is knowing that you are the reason behind it.
13. The one who is meant for you encourages you to be your best, but still loves and accepts you at your worst.
14. Fall in love when you’re ready, not when you’re lonely.
15. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it.
16. Deep in your wounds are seeds, waiting to grow beautiful flowers. ~ Niti Majethia
17. True love doesn’t mean being inseparable; it means being separated and nothing changes.
18. We were born in a time when if something was broken, we would fix it, not throw it away.
19. Don’t try to be everything to everyone. Be everything to someone.
20. Pain will leave you, when you let go. ~ Jeremy Aldana
21. Time doesn’t heal emotional pain, you need to learn how to let go. ~ Roy Bennett
22. Never love something so much that you can’t let go of it. ~ Ginni Rometty
23. A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person. ~ Mignon McLaughlin
24. Happily ever after is not a fairy tale. It’s a choice. ~ Fawn Weaver
25. People are lonely because they build walls instead of bridges. ~ Joseph F. Newton Men
26. Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future. ~ Paul Boose
27. Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity. ~ Khalil Gibran
28. No road is long with good company. ~ Turkish Proverb
29. Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
30. Trust is the fruit of a relationship in which you know you are loved. ~ Wm. Paul Young
31. You can’t lose something you never had. ~ Kate Hudson
32. A woman knows the face of the man she loves as a sailor knows the open sea. ~ Honore de Balzac
33. Peace is not absence of conflict, it is the ability to handle conflict by peaceful means. ~ Ronald Reagan
34. The first duty of love is to listen. ~ Paul Tillich
Do you need relationship help?
If you’re considering online relationship counselling services in Australia, online therapist Clinton Power has extensive experience helping couples create better relationships. Clinton uses evidence-based interventions based on the science of healthy relationships in his work with his clients.
Since 2003, Clinton Power has helped thousands of couples and individuals as a counsellor and psychotherapist in private practice in Sydney and online in Australia. Clinton regularly comments in the media on issues of relationships and has appeared on Channel 7, The Sydney Morning Herald, and ABC Radio. Clinton’s eBook, 31 Days to Build a Better Relationship is available through his website or Amazon. Click here to take Clinton’s relationship checkup quiz to find out how well you know your partner.