I recently wrote an article for MindBodyGreen that was shared over 1000 times, about what I’ve learned about love from the last decade of being a couples therapist. When I first started out as a couples therapist, I didn’t know how to help couples move out of pain and start to make positive changes in their relationship.
But as the years went on, and I ‘learned on the job’, I discovered there were some profound lessons to learn about love from working with literally hundreds of couples.
Here are the 10 things that I’ve learned about love over the last decade:
- No two couples are the same.
- While no two couples are the same, most couples fall into fairly predictable patterns.
- Attraction is totally unpredictable.
- Relationships that start with a bang often end with a bigger bang.
- There is no such thing as the perfect relationship.
- Your partner can’t fulfill all your needs.
- You have more than one soul mate (if you believe in that).
- Changing your relationship is hard work, but worth it.
- Relationships can be boring and ordinary at times, and that’s OK.
- The sex can get even better in a long-term relationship.
For the full article with all my love tips, click below:
If you feel you and your partner need help with your relationship, contact Clinton Power + Associates on 0412 241 410 or book online for a FREE 15-minute phone consultation with one of our experienced and qualified relationship counsellors to hear how we can help you.
Clinton Power is a relationship counsellor and Gestalt therapist with over a decade of experience helping individuals and couples move out of relationship pain and create great relationships. Get Clinton’s FREE report: 10 Tips for Moving Out of Relationship Pain, by clicking the button below.