Can You Relate to Any of These?
- We can’t seem to communicate and are exhausted from constantly blaming and criticising each other.
- I feel alone and disconnected from my spouse and don’t know what to do.
- I feel insecure, clingy, and jealous of my partner.
- We are still holding on to past relationship hurts and pain and can’t seem to move on.
- I’ve just found out my partner has been cheating on me and we don't know how to get past this.
- Since we had kids we have forgotten about "us." It’s like we live separate lives.
- HELP! There is no sex or romance…can we ever get it back again?
How Can I Help ?
I work with a wide range of relationship issues including:
- Affairs - rebuilding trust after an affair.
- Communication – effective conflict resolution and authentic relating.
- Complex, traumatic, or unresolved past issues affecting your relationships.
- Conflict with family, ex-partners, or in-laws.
- Decision making, commitment issues, and dating.
- Growing apart, losing love and intimate connection.
- Parenting and step-family issues.
- Overcoming relationship blocks for people who have been single for many months or years.
- Dealing with differences before and after marriage.
- Exploring all the options, including Discernment Counselling, before deciding whether to separate or divorce.
What Results Can You Expect?
Through couple counselling you can have:
- Closeness and intimacy that comes from a safe, trusting, and committed marriage.
- Open, honest, and respectful communication where you are truly heard.
- Conflict that gets resolved and brings you closer together.
- Renewed sexual vitality with your spouse.
- A safe, trusting, and meaningful relationship with your spouse.
- A greater love for yourself, your marriage, and your future together.
- Shared meaning, purpose, and vision for your life and your marriage or relationship.
Even if you’re in a relationship and your partner won’t come to counselling, you can still make changes yourself and experience positive change in your relationship.
Our Relationship Counselling Approach?
Each of our counsellors has a unique and effective approach, however,
- I truly value and understand my clients’ struggles, difficulties, and desire to change their relationships for the better.
- I help our clients process their emotional struggles safely and with respect at all times.
- My approach leads to new perspectives, greater self-understanding, improved relationship dynamics, and the empowerment of each partner and the relationship.
- My relationship counselling approach is tailored to suit your unique needs. I listen closely to what your relationships goals are and work side-by-side with you to achieve them.
- The foundation of my relationship and marriage counselling approach is holistic. I view the whole of you in the context of your unique needs, values, and history. This allows me to support you in accessing your inherent resources and strengths.
- I use science-based counselling, psychotherapy, and psychological models that have been proven to be the most effective for the issues you are resolving.
- My clients’ confidentiality and privacy is my priority and will be maintained at all times.
- I offer time-limited Discernment Counselling if your partner is highly ambivalent about the future of the relationship.