Why do gay men have problems sustaining long-term intimate relationships?
It’s a big question with no simple answer, but there are lots of reasons that contribute to the difficulties that gay men have in finding a long-term partner.
Chicago therapist Brian Rzepczynski is known as The Gay Love Coach, and he recently interviewed me on the difficulties that gay singles and couples experience.
In this interview, I discuss:
- Why gay men have trouble making their relationships work in the long term.
- Some of the most common issues gay men are struggling with.
- Some of the most common gay couple problems.
- The promises and pitfalls of gay open relationships.
- What ingredients constitute a healthy gay relationship that couples can aspire towards.
- Tips and strategies for single gay men and gay couples.
- How gay couples can confront these blocks to promote relationship success.
Do you need relationship help?
If you need help with your relationship, contact Clinton Power + Associates on (02) 8968 9323 to discuss your situation and find out how we can help.
Since 2003, Clinton Power has helped thousands of couples and individuals as a counsellor and psychotherapist in private practice in Sydney and online in Australia. Clinton regularly comments in the media on issues of relationships and has appeared on Channel 7, The Sydney Morning Herald, and ABC Radio. Clinton’s eBook, 31 Days to Build a Better Relationship is available through his website or Amazon. Click here to take Clinton’s relationship checkup quiz to find out how well you know your partner.