I recently spoke with Melanie Tait on the ABC Radio Nightlife program about open relationships. This was a fascinating discussion with some interesting callers on the talkback sharing their experiences.
In this interview I answer the following questions:
- How common is it for couples to have an open relationship?
- How have relationships evolved and where have we come from?
- Can we be monogamous with one person for our entire lives?
- What’s the difference between an open relationship and polyamory?
- What can we learn from how gay male couples negotiate open relationships?
- Can you be in an open relationship and still experience betrayal?
- What are some of the reasons a couple might want to open their relationship?
- What’s the first step a couple needs to consider before opening their relationship?
- How do you deal with jealousy in an open relationship?
- How do you negotiate the boundaries in an open relationship?
- What are some of the most common relationship rules?
- Where do couples fall into problems with an open relationship?
- Why are open relationships viewed outside of mainstream culture?
- Can an open relationship enhance a couple’s relationship?
Listen to the recording of this interview below.
Do you need help with your sexual relationship?
If you need help with your sexual relationship, contact Clinton Power + Associates for a FREE 15-minute phone inquiry call to discuss your situation and find out how we can help. Call us now on 0412 241 410 or book your free phone consult online.
Clinton Power is a relationship counsellor and Gestalt therapist with over a decade of experience helping individuals and couples move out of relationship pain and create great relationships. Get Clinton’s FREE report: 10 Tips for Moving Out of Relationship Pain, by clicking the button below.