I have written another article for MindBodyGreen on the topic of Facebook and relationships, which has been shared more than 13,000 times!
These days, not a single week goes by in my therapy office without hearing at least one of my clients reflect on how they’ve been emotionally affected by something on Facebook. As powerful a tool Facebook can be for connecting family and friends (and even making new friends), it also has a dark side.
When it comes to Facebook, maybe it’s time to figure out what your triggers are, realise what makes you tick, and set rules for yourself and your relationship.
Here are my five relationship rules for Facebook:
- Don’t use Facebook to spy on your partner.
- Don’t use Facebook to compare your life to the lives of others.
- Don’t use Facebook to attack another person.
- Don’t have important relationship conversations on Facebook.
- Don’t Facebook “stalk” people you’re attracted to.
To read the full article, click the link below: