How do you know if the problems you have in your relationship are becoming serious enough that you need to seek the help of a couple therapist?
I recently wrote a post for the popular blog MindBodyGreen about the 7 signs that might indicate you need to work on your relationship.
If you think your relationship needs some help, the reality is a trained couple therapist is the perfect person to address those issues with. Here’s why:
- A couple therapist specialises in the study of human relationships and dynamics.
- A couple therapist intimately understands the most common challenges people experience in relationships.
- A couple therapist works to support both of you in the room, so you can find win-win outcomes.
- A couple therapist will help you understand the baggage you bring from your family and previous relationships.
- A couple therapist will give you tools to be able to resolve your conflicts and accept your differences.
The 7 signs that you might need to see a couple therapist are:
1. You’re constantly fighting without aiming to find resolutions.
2. You’re feeling disconnected, shut down or lonely.
3. You’re totally passive about your sex life.
4. You frequently feel insecure, clingy or jealous of your partner.
5. You can’t move past wounds from previous relationships.
6. You’re running away or avoiding conflict.
7. You feel scared to be totally vulnerable.
You don’t need to see all these signs to enlist the support of a professional. If you’re feeling stuck or can’t make headway in your relationship, a trained couple therapist will help you move forward.
If you’d like to read the whole post, just click below to read the article on MindBodyGreen: