Clinton Power + Associates is pleased to announce we have a casual position available in 2017 for a dedicated psychologist who is interested in working with individuals with relationship issues.
Clinton Power + Associates is a busy Sydney CBD counselling, psychotherapy and psychology practice that specialises in working with individuals and couples who are wanting to learn how to start a relationship, improve a current relationship or make a good relationship better.
This casual position would be great for a psychologist who would like to increase their client hours without having to find the clients themselves. This would be a subcontractor agreement where Clinton Power + Associates covers all costs related to marketing and sourcing clients, room rent, utilities and provides the clients to you. All you have to do is show up and do great work!
Clinton Power + Associates currently has some therapists who specialise in working with couples. We frequently need to refer individuals to a psychologist under a Mental Health Care Plan (MHCP). We also receive requests for individual psychology under a MHCP and wish to refer these clients to our in-house psychologist. As part of our rooms in the CBD we have an experienced men’s health physician who would also be looking to refer his patients to you under a MHCP.
The psychologist we’re looking for would have the following experience, skills, and qualities:
- at least five years post-graduation experience
- is a fully qualified psychologist or clinical psychologist and a member of a related professional association (such as the APS)
- a passion for working with relationship issues
- specific skills and knowledge in relational approaches to psychotherapy
- an excellent understanding of couple dynamics and relationship isssues
- is interested in continuing to expand their knowledge and skills in working with relationship issues
- engages in regular clinical supervision to meet their professional association requirements
- bonus (but not essential): knowledge or training in the Gottman approach to couples therapy or a similar couples therapy approach
The requirements of this position include:
- the ability to see clients under G.P. referred MHCP
- the administrative skills to manage all paperwork associated with the management of a MHCP
- availability on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday mornings to see clients in our Sydney CBD office
- willingness to learn and use our operating procedures and client appointment scheduling software
If you’re a psychologist who loves what you do, but just want to focus on working with great clients without the hassle of trying to find them, then this position is for you.
If you would like to find out more about this position, please contact us by sending an email or call us on 0412 241 410.